This is a detailed guide on writing for the world’s most popular language learning blog, Fluent in 3 Months. We’ll only consider your pitch if you follow these guidelines. If we don’t get back to you, it’s because you’ve not followed them.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- We publish insanely useful language hacking tips that help our readers learn a new language fast.
- Always read the blog before you pitch, especially previous guest posts. That way, you’ll learn about the types of article we’re looking for.
- Fluent in 3 Months is the authority site in rapid language learning. We only accept original content. No reposts.
- By submitting your article for publication, you are granting Fluent in 3 Months exclusive rights to your article. You are also consenting to your full article, or extracts from your article, appearing in other Fluent in 3 Months publications and products.
- Always send a pitch first with an outline of your article. Never send a complete article.
How to Pitch Us
Your first step is to send us a pitch with an outline of your article.
Your pitch must:
- Include a headline that grabs our attention.
- Outline the main points of your proposed article. Bullet points are ideal for this.
- Include a short biography and one or two links to previous articles you’ve written.
- Be sent using the form below.
What Happens Next?
Once your pitch is approved you’ll be put in touch with our content manager who will work with you in Google Docs to develop your article. Most guest authors are asked to do one or two rewrites.
Your post must:
- Be written in markdown formatting.
- Open with an attention grabbing hook.
- Be easy to read, and written in excellent English.
- Be at least 1,500 words long.
- Link to at least two posts already published on Fluent in 3 Months.
- Include a short author biography of up to 20 words.
We will ask for a headshot photo, and we may ask that you provide a photo of you doing something that’s relevant to the topic of your article.
When Your Post is Published
We’ll usually publish your post within a month after we’ve accepted the final version of your article.
When your post is published, please promote it to your audience. We ask that you respond to comments on your article.
Ready? Send your pitch here: