Our first ever Language Hacking Podcast guest, author, and course creator, Scott Young, revisits the show to catch up with Benny and Shannon and share what’s changed for him over the last two years with his language learning and projects.
Scott is an expert on learning and how to work better. He’s a best-selling author who took on the MIT Challenge, A Year Without English, and many more intensive learning projects. In this episode, he shares many of his thoughts on momentum, confidence, and balancing life with other pursuits.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- How Scott’s life has changed over the past two years
- Building a multilingual family and learning Macedonian
- How to stay engaged in learning
- Dealing with the long-term maintenance work of learning languages
- How to get back into learning after losing momentum and confidence
- Time and energy management for intensive learning projects
- Setting concrete learning goals
- Top 5 things Scott learned since our last discussion with him
- How to prioritize personal projects
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy
Join Our Patreon
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to our Patreon to get access to bonus content and monthly exclusives.