Elena Mutonono, former ESL teacher and now coach for language teachers, joins Benny Lewis and Shannon Kennedy to talk about language teaching, the ethics of the online language teaching space, and sustainable language teaching.
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to our Patreon to get access to extended episodes and loads more content. Here’s what you’ll hear in the long-form episode:
- Redefining what a “good” language teacher is
- Things language students should be aware of when choosing a teacher
- Our roles as thought leaders in the language space
Learn more and access this bonus content on Patreon.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Going from in-person tutoring in Ukraine to teaching online
- Facing burnout as a language teacher and figuring out how to teach in a sustainable way
- Finding balance by saying no to many things as a language teacher and what to say no to
- Differences between online and offline teaching and setting realistic expectations for both
- How choosing one focus can help you feel more fulfilled in your teaching career
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy