This episode features Suzanne, who learned several languages to the conversational level in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
In this episode, Shannon and Benny chat with Suzanne about how learning in community built confidence in her language skills and provided her with the support she needed to “lean in” on the parts of language learning that made her uncomfortable. She also talks about how the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge provided her with the support and nurturing environment to make doing those things possible.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Meet Up
- Radio Ambulante
- El Washington Post Podcast
- El Pais
- News in Slow German
- Coffee Break
- Inner French
- Francais Authentique
- El Ministerio del Tiempo
- Gran Hotel
- Why Hungarian is Easy
- Suzanne’s Instagram
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- What it was like being in Madrid after years of Spanish study, unable to speak Spanish.
- Why it’s important to find the right tutor and not use English in your lessons.
- The difference between learning languages at university and learning in community with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
- Learning languages as a shy person and why it’s important to lean into your discomfort.
- How to choose your first words in a new language.
- Overcoming obstacles in language learning and building confidence.
- Combining language learning with other activities, including self-care.
- Suzanne’s favorite language learning rituals and how she incorporates language learning into her day.
- Learning multiple languages and managing notes with different colored notebooks.
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy