Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
This episode features Deb Bensauls, an enthusiastic language learner who learned conversational French AND Italian in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Debs shares about travelling on her own using her French skills, using the language at work to create a better experience for her clients. She also discusses the power of friendship in language learning, and how being in a learning community changed her approach to French and gave her the confidence to learn Italian.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- The power of learning a language with friends and community.
- Why being the quiet one in the back makes the language classroom ineffective.
- How to build confidence in your languages and speaking.
- How the online language community helped Debs become the polyglot she was always meant to be.
- Why it’s important to share both the ups and downs of language learning.
- The dangers of comparison and how to overcome them.
- Strategies for overcoming overwhelm when it comes to learning resources.
- How learning your second language is different than your first.
- How Debs has been able to use her language skills at work in the medical field.
- What happens when a giant spider interrupts your language exchange.
- Debs favorite language learning rituals including mindmaps and sticky notes.
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy