This episode features Jane T, who learned several languages to the conversational level in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
Jane quit her job after her husband retired to start traveling around Europe in a motorhome, learning languages along the way. Shannon and Benny talk with Jane about her motorhome journeys and how she learns languages while she travels. Jane also shares how community helps with overcoming limiting self beliefs in language learning.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- How Jane quit her job after her husband retired to start traveling around Europe, learning languages along the way
- How traveling in a motorhome gives Jane and her husband the freedom to travel affordably while always having their home with them
- How the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge helped Jane get through the false starter phase of language learning
- The power of accountability and community
- How to learn languages with an unpredictable schedule and unreliable Internet
- The Comprehensible Input approach to language learning
- Talking to yourself in a language to get both practice and build your confidence
- How to overcome self-limiting beliefs
- Common language learning roadblocks and tips for getting through them
- How to filter what you’re learning to what’s relevant to you
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy
Join Our Patreon
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to our Patreon to get access to bonus content and monthly exclusives.