This episode features Turia, who learned Spanish to the conversational level in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
Turia shares her experience going from an on-again-off-again Spanish learner to a confident Spanish speaker with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge. She also shares how she travels alone with her children in Spanish-speaking countries, developing a homeschooling curriculum for Spanish for her children, and how she responded to emergency situations in Spanish.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- French Uncovered
- Fable Cottage
- The Spanish Experiment
- Radio Ambulante
- Scott Young’s Year Without English
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- How the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge helped Turia become a confident learner after 20 years of learning on and off again
- How Turia is teaching her three kids to speak fluent Spanish
- Moving to Spain for immersion and learning about the culture
- Incorporating Spanish into a homeschooling curriculum
- Navigating tricky or nightmare situations in another language
- What it’s like traveling alone with kids
- Turia’s favorite rituals and resources for learning Spanish
- Making friends and building relationships in Spanish
- Letting kids’ language studies be child-led
After we recorded this episode, Turia was kind enough to share more specific resources with us.
- Spanish champs – a program that includes a script and is song/activity based. It also includes a dvd with clips incorporating the songs taught.
- Talkbox Mom – a subscription service that offers resources to help you switch your day to day interactions into your new language.
- Whistlefritz – a foreign language show for kids by kids available on Amazon prime.
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy