Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
Michele Frolla grew up hearing Italian, but didn’t learn to speak it until she was a bit older. After picking up her heritage language, she went on to live and work in Italy, fully immersing herself in the language. She then went on to create the Intrepid Guide where she shares her experience and tips for learning languages and living abroad.
In this episode, we chat with Michele about her experiences learning, living and working in another language and how this lead to her creating her own language business.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Michel Thomas
- Michele’s site
- Michele’s Instagram
- Michele’s YouTube
- Michele’s Facebook
- Michele’s Twitter
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Michele’s experience with her heritage language and its impact on finally learning Italian
- Moving to Rome and living the Italian life
- The power of modal verbs
- Learning with pen and paper
- Her challenges with learning Norwegian
- The origins of her blog, the Intrepid Guide
- Leaning into the fear of language learning
- Making friends with her languages
- Tips on finding jobs in foreign countries
- Learning a language to live in a country that speaks it
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy