Judith Meyer is the writer behind Teach Yourself’s Script Hacking series, creator of LearnYu, and several other language learning resources and tools.
In this episode, Judith Meyer, renowned polyglot and language educator shares how she uses unique, specialized language goals to make progress in her languages quickly. She also discusses her involvement in the creation and development of several language courses and resources.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- How Judith learned Esperanto online
- How she uses specific language goals to motivate herself
- How she prepared to give a speech in Indonesian
- How to get comfortable learning a language outside of the European language family
- How she manages to maintain multiple languages
- Motivation in language learning and her struggles learning Arabic
- How learning languages has opened up so many opportunities
- Picking resources based on your needs as a learner
- Her work developing language learning books and courses
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy