This episode features Nissa, who learned conversational Bengali in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Nissa shares about learning a less-commonly-taught language, and coming to understand herself through languages.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Understanding the world and herself better through languages
- Studying French in high school as a good student but still not being able to speak the language
- Breaking through the comprehension wall
- Learning Bengali with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Learning a language with few or no resources
- Making real progress in a short period of time by focusing on processes
- Overcoming perfectionism and fear of making mistakes
- How to best undertake a 90 Day Challenge and Dream Teams
- Learning with a nonnative speaker
- Best ways to utilize a language tutor
- Learning Yupik, an Eskimo language
- Giving up on languages
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy
Join Our Patreon
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to our Patreon to get access to bonus content and monthly exclusives.