In this episode, we chat with Katie Harris, the founder of Joy of Languages, host of Easy Languages Italian and the creator of the #languagediarychallenge. Katie is also a previous student in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Joy of Languages
- Five Minute Italian Podcast
- Easy Languages
- Katie’s Instagram
- Katie’s YouTube
- Jessica’s Facebook
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Moving to Italy, living in Italy and avoiding the English bubble
- Finding joy when learning languages and motivating yourself with cocktails!
- Doing something you love in another language vs doing something you love while learning another language
- How to feel calm before a video conversation
- Katie’s experience with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- What to do when the novelty wears off in language learning
- The importance of language learning communities
- Journaling in a foreign language on Instagram
- Katie’s experience as a host of Easy Languages and overcoming the nerves around approaching strangers in another language
- Watching hours of French reality TV
- Learning multiple languages
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy