Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
This episode features Ashton Bitten, who learned conversational Spanish in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
In this episode, Benny and Shannon talk to Ashton about her experience of going from intermediate (B1) to advanced (C1) Spanish in 48 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Being a language dabbler
- Going on a trip to Rwanda, learning the language, and getting inspired to learn more languages
- How failing a language proficiency exam led Ashton to focus on speaking
- Discovering the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge and going from B1 to C1 in Spanish in 3 months
- Using materials for native speakers to learn Spanish
- Breaking down the CEFR language levels
- Learning completely new languages after learning your first second language
- Going from theory to speaking the language
- Overcoming nervousness about speaking another language
- On changing personalities with each language
- Finding the “right” time to learn a language and time management
- How COVID has impacted her language learning and dealing with those guilty feelings
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy