This episode features Sarah Gillespie, who learned conversational Hiligaynon in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Benny and Elizabeth have a conversation with Sarah Gillespie about her experience of learning a heritage language with few resources as a part of the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Sarah’s Website
- Sarah’s Article on Fluent in 3 Months
- Paul Soderquist
- Illonggo Boyz
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Learning Hiligaynon in 3 months with the Challenge
- Learning heritage languages
- Enjoying the learning process with songs
- Using trends to learn languages
- Finding resources for more obscure languages
- Using lots of apps, software, and habit forming techniques like habit stacking
- How to use your target language with family and getting to know them better
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy