Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
Language teacher and expat Janina Klimas shares how to create compelling language lessons for students, how acting is like language learning, and why recording yourself speaking your target language is so important.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Language acquisition vs language learning
- How acting can boost your language learning and teaching
- Building excitement around languages for your students as a teacher
- What being a “reading specialist” means
- Teaching and studying abroad
- Figuring out your proficiency and levels in a language
- Why recording yourself speaking is so important
- Independent vs academic language learning success
- Games you can play to learn languages
- Language, culture, racism, and bias
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy