Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
This episode features Louisa, who learned conversational Chinese in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
In this episode, Shannon and Benny talk to Louisa about how creating a system for self-learning Chinese helped her find success in her language learning after failing to make significant progress in a night class. She also shares the role community and the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge have played in her methods for learning Chinese.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Lydia Machova’s Goldlisting explanation
- Google Translate
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Why language learning in night classes isn’t right for everyone
- The best thing about the Fluent in 3 Month Challenge
- Strategies for incorporating language studies into your family life
- Building a system to learn Chinese
- The Goldlist Method
- Overcoming challenges with language learning
- Louisa’s progress made during the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Louisa’s favorite resources for learning languages
- Lessons learned from participating in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Louisa’s biggest surprise from learning a new language
- Is learning Chinese difficult?
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy