Fluent in 3 Months Challenge coach, Laetitia, joins Benny and Elizabeth to talk about her varied experience learning or dabbling in many languages: English, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch and Vietnamese.
This episode features Laetitia, who made significant progress with several language in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- The importance of having an inspirational tutor
- Things to consider when looking for a tutor
- Finding your tribe with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- The pitfall of expecting learning to be passive
- Why you should take the time to find out which methods and resources work for you
- Being as nice to yourself as you would be to a friend
- The pointlessness and dangers of comparisons and perfectionism
- Remember, you don’t know every word in your native language!
- How technology can be a great tool for learning, so don’t be scared of it
- Reading to maintain languages and being happy to understand 60%
- Culture shock and learning “on the job” in Japan – a little goes a long way
- How to create an effective language exchange
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy