Please read these instructions relevant to the theme of your message carefully before emailing me!!
I read every single email people send me, but due to the volume of messages I get, I simply cannot reply to everyone, but try my best to! (Now I have Andrew helping me with technical issues on my sites, and he’ll get back to you quicker than I would)
The e-mail will get sent fine and I will read it, I promise, even if I don’t end up replying, so please don’t “remind” me that you have sent it on twitter/Facebook/forum/sending again etc. unless it’s genuinely urgent, as I find that terribly annoying! Also, if there is no form under the option you select below, please do not use another form if your question was already addressed.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
(Click the text of the point relevant to why you want to contact me, to expand it out)INTERVIEWS/CONFERENCES
- I am very keen to talk to anyone working in media or interested in conducting an interview for any decently sized website, TV/radio/newspaper or otherwise (written or audio) so that I can get my positive language learning message out to as many people as possible. If you use the form below (and ideally provide a link to confirm your authenticity) then I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible – generally within a few hours if I confirm that it’s for a large audience.
- I am also very happy to speak at your conference if travelling there is convenient, and especially if you have a budget to cover expenses if inviting me. Please put “conference invitation” in the subject line of the message.
CAN I SKYPE/TELEPHONE YOU?
- Due to incredibly popular demand for my time, I have to restrict my Skyping/telephone sessions with people to be paid-only. Even when I did that initially, I still got too many requests, so I now focus on premium consultations with entrepreneurs, business owners, marketers, and bloggers. See more details about how to talk with me directly and book a session on this page.
- Individual language learners: Rather than Skyping me (which is a premium service, more suited to businesses) you’ll get more out of Speak from Day One, which will give you all my thoughts on language learning and allow you to access years of my experience through videos, ebooks, audio interviews and more. Skyping me is more suited to businesses/entrepreneurs due to its premium price.
QUESTIONS ABOUT LANGUAGE LEARNING
- If you have a simple question about Fluent in 3 months or my language learning missions, it’s likely you’ll find it on the Frequently Asked Questions page, and I went into great detail to discuss the many reasons why we don’t learn languages, and answers to each one here. I also wrote up another FAQ page about the main travel questions I get asked. Please make sure your question wasn’t already answered there before contacting me! Also please just use the search tool to the right first too! It is Google powered and searches the entire site. If I don’t reply to your email, it’s because the question would take too much time to answer, or because I’ve already answered it elsewhere and am too busy to search for it for you. Sorry!
- If your question is any other general language learning question like How do you learn so many languages? How can I too? What’s your secret? Best ideas for me to learn Spanish/French etc. then I can’t give you a useful answer in an e-mail since it’s a complex process. However I did write an entire book on the subject (US version here, UK version here) and I highly recommend that you check it out! Otherwise, please read a few of my blog posts, watch my TEDx talk, and you’ll get the basic idea of the core principles behind my own method.
- If after all that, you still have questions about language learning, it’s best to use the site’s forum rather than e-mailing me. Someone in the community can likely answer it better than me and you won’t have to wait days or even weeks, as you would by e-mailing me. Very active members of the forum know exactly what I would say for pretty much any possible language learning question you could ask, as they’ve been commenting on the site and reading all my posts for years. I also reply to threads there regularly myself.
SEO AND OTHER PITCHES
- If you are sending Search Engine Optimization sales pitches to “get me on the first page of Google” or ANY promotion request templates obviously copied and pasted to many people, please skip this site! I click those messages to add to Gmail’s spam database and that will work against you for people who would be interested. I’m not interested so please don’t waste your time.
- Advertisers: You will notice that there are no ads on this site. If you want yours here then it’s a modest once-off fee of seventeen million dollars per ad. Not $10, not $50, but $17,000,000, which of course nobody has ever offered me, so my site continues to be clean and spam-free. Is this requested fee too expensive? Then don’t write to me!
PROMOTE YOUR SITE/PRODUCT
- Want me to promote an interesting link with my readers? Please don’t use this form – it’s better to @ me with it on twitter, because I check out links when I’m on twitter, not when I’m processing emails. I absolutely do not guarantee a retweet or a mention on my blog, but I will check it out it if you tweet me. Please don’t drop links on my Facebook page, as I consider that spammy.
- Want me to promote your site/product in a dedicated post on Fluent in 3 months? This sounds like an advertisement, so see my modest fee under “Advertisers” above!
- Want me to review your app or other product? I am happy to do this directly with you during a consultation call, and my electronic engineering background gives me a unique perspective on understanding programming possibilities, and practical uses of interfaces. There will be no exposure on the blog for any apps though, so a consultation call is only for genuine useful feedback and not a prequel to getting a dedicated blog post.
- Want to do a link exchange? I am not doing that right now, sorry! Please don’t ask.
PROMOTIONAL GUEST POST
- If you are a PR agent working for some huge company that just wants links for SEO purposes, or who vaguely offers to “write whatever I want” then please don’t email me because it’s spammy and terrible for your karma.
- If you want to guest post for the sole purposes of promoting your product/service then I can save you time right now and tell you that I will not accept such guest post requests. I don’t care how great it is; this is not something I host on my blog.
TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH LWT/FORUM/SPEAK FROM DAY ONE
- If you are having trouble logging into your LWT/fluentin3months forum/Speak From Day One account(s), please use this form and your message will be sent to Andrew, who will process it within 24 hours max.
- Also use this form for refund requests, and any other technical issue related to my sites.
LANGUAGE LEARNING GUEST POST REQUEST
- I do accept ideas for interesting/helpful posts related to unique ideas surrounding language learning, and at the end of that post you can add a final paragraph promoting something you have worked on. Even if this is what you are looking for, please read the next point carefully:
- I almost exclusively accept guest posts from independent language learners, with a specific message for a unique story or language learning idea to share. If that is you, then first read as many of my own blog posts as possible, and see the kinds of guest posts I’ve already hosted and ask yourself if your idea would jive. If you don’t receive a reply, then unfortunately it wasn’t a match. Don’t send me your entire guest post, but just a brief summary before I decide if I’d consider it. The post should definitely NOT be about promoting your own app or service!
- Keeping in mind that I will turn down the vast majority of requests I get, or not reply if it really doesn’t fit, you can send your suggestion to me here:
- If you are interested in earning commissions on sales of the Speak From Day One product that I sell separately, check out details on my affiliate info page.
OTHER QUESTIONS FOR BENNY
- Where am I, and where will I be travelling to? Currently: travelling Japan. Then I fly to the states and will be in Austin, TX for a few weeks to launch my book, followed by a UK/Ireland/US/Canada book tour and I may be in a town/city near you, so please see this list and sign up to the meetings.
- If you are in the same city as me, or will be in one of the cities in my book tour, please note that unfortunately I don’t have time to meet up with readers one-on-one, but you are welcome to join in the many group meet-ups! If you want to talk with me one on one for language learning advice, please look into getting a consultation, which I can also give you in person if you like, but it will still have to be paid due to a huge demand for my time – sorry!
- Write to me in any language you like if it’s among those I speak (indicated by the flags on the right of this site). I find it weird when people write one email in a bunch of languages. Please pick one, preferably your native language, including English of course.
- Want to suggest a language to me? Don’t. I get several e-mails every day that show they don’t understand how I choose my next language. I’m also taking a break from learning new languages this year so that I can improve my current ones.
- Have comments to send to me based on a blog post I wrote? Please write those comments on that blog post rather than emailing me. The comments form is at the bottom of the post! For comments on particular videos I’ve recorded, please write them on Youtube’s comment form!
- If you have a success story to share, leave a comment on this blog post, or in the forum here.
- Any other question that is not covered by one of the other points on this page? Feel free to use the form below! I read every single email that comes my way, but unfortunately I can’t reply to all.
NO QUESTION: JUST WANT TO THANK YOU OR OFFER ENCOURAGEMENT!
- If you want to help out in some way, just make sure to share your favourite video or blog post on your Facebook wall or on your own site! I really appreciate it!
- If you’d like to support the work I’m doing here in other ways, just grab a copy my book “Fluent in 3 months”. Just click the book icon on the top-right of the site for details!
- ALL other messages – especially those of encouragement, thanks and other positivity – are very welcome! Despite this incredibly intimidating contact-me page, believe it or not I do very much enjoy getting your emails and love reading your stories! Looking forward to hearing from you!