Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
Polish-American language learner and educator Nikki Prsa shares what it was like growing up as a native Polish speaker in the US and what inspired her to go on to study languages abroad. Benny and Shannon also chat with her about her linguistics studies at university, what it’s like teaching languages online, and her experience teaching her son new languages.
- Nikki’s experience speaking Polish at home while growing up in the US
- Nikki’s experience moving to Germany with a host family at 15 years old
- How travel has helped Nikki become better at immersing herself in a language even when not abroad
- How important it is to have a teacher you can trust
- What inspired Nikki to start Speak at Home Tonight
- Learning Croatian and traveling in the Balkans
- Why it’s important to even do just a little bit each day
- Teaching your child multiple languages
- Focusing on accent and pronunciation
- How to keep from mixing up languages when studying multiple languages at the same time
- Learning languages with prayer
- Finding the best approach in language learning