Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
Famous polyglot Steve Kaufmann joins us in this inspiring episode of the language hacking podcast. In our chat with Steve, we discuss comprehensible input and compelling input, what LingQ is and why Steve created it, and the early disagreements between Benny and Steve.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Steve’s background with his many languages and his “allergy” to his heritage languages
- The story behind creating LingQ, one of the most popular language learning apps
- Steve’s job experience with languages and why he believes languages can be tied into any job
- Consuming massive amounts of input as a method to learn languages
- Benny and Steve’s early disagreements on language learning
- The importance of keeping a positive attitude when learning
- Learning languages after age 60 and why you learn better the older you get
- Comprehensible input versus compelling input
- What language hacking is to Steve Kaufmann
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy