Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
Elizabeth Bruckner failed ten times to learn French. It wasn’t until she began exploring the online language community that she finally learned French… in her 40s. She’s since gone on to successfully learn German and Spanish and is now one of the coaches of the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
In this episode, we chat with Elizabeth about her experiences learning a language in her 40s, the brain and language learning, how to overcome our inner gremlins and Elizabeth gives you a taste of what it’s like to get coached in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Mentioned in this Episode
- Elizabeth’s failed attempts at learning languages
- Benny’s Rosetta Stone review
- Speak in a Week
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Michel Thomas
- Goldlist Method
- Elizabeth’s Instagram
- Elizabeth’s acupuncture practice
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Learning languages later in life
- Finding the desire to learn languages
- Using neuroscience to help with learning
- How to stop making emotional excuses and finally learn a language
- The biggest language learning gremlins to overcome
- The importance of community in language learning
- Creating systems and paths to push you towards your language learning
- An inside look at coaching in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- Advice for the most common stumbling blocks for language learners
- Finding language giants
- Why there’s no one path to learning a language
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy