Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
In this episode of the Language Hacking Podcast, we talk to Julie Ferguson who has learned five languages and is getting ready to learn her sixth – Scots Gaelic. She’s severely deaf and legally blind and has come up with loads of creative strategies for learning languages which she shares in this podcast as well as accessibility for both language resources and travel.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Overcoming physical challenges to learn languages
- Being a visual learner while legally blind
- Getting help from a tutor and not solely relying on self-study
- Creative strategies for improving the accessibility of language learning resources
- How the accountability of the classroom helps Julie keep on top of her studies
- What it was like learning Swedish in Sweden
- Getting over the frustration of asking people for help
- How to keep conversations in the local language
- Traveling and accessibility
- Tips for avoiding language interference
- Building resilience in your language learning
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy