Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. ?
In this episode, Benny and Elizabeth get the inside scoop on how to become a French cultural insider with Lizzy Rimington who has lived in France for the past 30 years.
Mentioned in this Episode
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Studying French at school and not actually learning the language
- How living as an au pair kicked off Lizzy’s French understanding
- How to integrate into French culture and build friendships
- Why French etiquette is so important
- Humor and how it can help you build relationships inner languages
- The ways customer service is different in France than in other countries
- What it’s like being vegetarian in France
- What to do when the French insist on speaking English
- When to use formal speech vs informal speech in French
- Tips for getting French practice when you aren’t ready for a native speaker
- Tricks you can use when you’re a beginner in a language
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy