This episode features Yawhann, who learned conversational Cantonese and Mandarin in just 90 days with the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.
We actually guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- How parents can encourage their kids to embrace their heritage languages
- Why “I don’t have enough time” is usually an excuse rather than a good reason
- Strategies for keeping conversations with natives in your target language
- Using your technical skills in learning languages
- The ways language creates cultural connections
- Hann’s experience in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge and the importance of accountability
- Learning similar languages
- When it’s the right time to learn your second, second language
- Reframing your language learning progress as successes rather than small steps
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy