Fluent in 3 Months Challenge participant and Italian learner, Louisa, speaks to Benny and Shannon about how she learned as much about herself, as she did about languages, while taking part in the Challenge.
Louisa found as many opportunities to personally develop in the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge as she did as learned Italian.
We guarantee that anyone who completes the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge will have a 15-minute conversation in their new language after 90 days of learning. You can find out more here.
Some of the topics brought up during the interview are:
- Language learning goals
- Learning about yourself while learning languages
- Starting over with language learning as an adult
- Using role play to learn languages
- Traveling to Italy and getting to use the language
- The struggles and rewards of using a speaking-based approach to learning languages
- The importance of breaks
- Why language learning apps become “busy work”
- Language learning routines during intensive study periods and around everyday life
- How to get through moments of self-doubt
- Building language islands
Podcast theme: “A New Beginning” by Shannon Kennedy
Join Our Patreon
Enjoy the podcast? Subscribe to our Patreon to get access to bonus content and monthly exclusives.